Saturday | September 16 | 4-7PM | Church of the Ascension
Parents and advocates from Church of the Nativity, Church of the Ascension and St. Michael the Archangel Parish are joining forces to provide families who have a child with disability a break from caregiving.
Volunteer: Help a Child with a Disability and their Family
Would you be willing to make a difference in the life of a child with a disability and their family? We need your help with this most needed outreach. Volunteers will be paired with a child and act as their buddy, guiding and supporting them through a variety of activities during the event.
- The respite care event will be held on Saturday, September 16, from 4:00-7:00PM at Church of the Ascension.
- A training for volunteers will be held from 2:00-3:30PM on the same day.
- A volunteer social will be held on Saturday, September 9 at Church of the Ascension.
To sign up as a volunteer, please use the link below:
Register a Participant
If you are the parent or caregiver to a child or family member with special needs, you can register your family below. Details:
- Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
- Once approved you will be able to drop off all of your children at 4PM on Saturday September 16th and pick them up at 7PM.
- We will have qualified volunteers to care for your children.
- Dinner will be provided for the children and volunteers.
- This service is provided by the Archdiocese KCK and is free of charge to participant families.
If you have any questions please call Josh Ruoff.