A Catholic community actively engaged with Jesus Christ through Sacramental life, faith formation and service.
Watch Mass and special events right here live or find it in this playlist afterwards.
Streams usually begin within 5-10 minutes of the start time for the event.
We are currently streaming all daily and weekend masses in the church.
Not getting our email blasts? Contact Maggie Wright to be added to the list! firstname.lastname@example.org
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention Update 5/11/20
In light of the concern over the spread of the coronavirus, Archbishop Naumann has issued the following statement regarding reopening Mass in the Archdiocese which can be read at archkcks.com/coronavirus/resuming-mass
[ Hide/Show Info ]
- The Archbishop’s dispensation from Sunday obligation continues, so no one is expected or required to come to Mass. In fact, many should NOT attend especially those who are experiencing any fever, respiratory issues or other virus symptoms, those who are in the vulnerable group because of age or health issues, and those who are anxious about gathering in large groups. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND. We will continue to live stream a weekend and daily Mass each day.
- Because of safe distancing our seating capacity is greatly reduced. It will be necessary for you to sign up for the weekend Mass you plan to attend. You will be emailed a receipt of which you can print out or have pulled up on your phone to show the ushers as you enter the gathering area. If you do not have internet capability, you can call the parish office at 913-681-3348 and we will check availability and sign you up if space permits.
- One of our greatest concerns is that because of our distancing requirements some people may not be able to attend a particular Mass even if they have signed up. Please know that we will do everything possible to accommodate as many as possible. For that reason, we ask you to please be sure to sign up and follow the instructions of the ushers. Everyone is being asked by the Archdiocese to attend the parish they are registered in.
- It is very important that physical distancing (six feet) be maintained especially in the pews between families and when in line to receive Holy Communion. There will be markings on the floor of the aisles to help people recognize where to stand to be six feet away from the person in front of you.
- Please wear a mask throughout the whole Mass. This is for the safety of others as well as yourself. See the video above regarding receiving Holy Communion with a mask.
- When you come to church for Mass or personal prayer time please bring a large towel, sheet or throw to cover the pew in front of you. The church has been sanitized, but extra precaution is necessary for you and for those who come after you. Take it home and wash and bring it back the next time.
- Enter and exit only through the front doors of the gathering area and church. All doors should be open so there will be no need to touch handles.
- After Mass please visit in the parking lot, not in the church or gathering area.
- Our gathering area restrooms are closed for remodel. If you are in need of using the restroom you will need to use the parish hall restrooms downstairs.
- In addition to our regular Mass schedule we will have a parking lot Mass each Sunday afternoon at 1:00pm for those who wish to attend, but do not feel comfortable coming into the church building. This is being done on a trial basis for parishioners who find it a benefit. Currently, reception of Holy Communion will not be possible at the parking lot Mass.
- This is a time of trial and error for us so we may have to make adjustments and will email you with any changes.
Links to sign up for Mass are being sent via email. If you are a registered parishioner and are not receiving our parish emails, please contact Maggie Wright to be added to the list! email@example.com
Interested in becoming a parishioner? Find information here.
Weekly Mass, Rosary & Sacraments
Sunday Morning 8:15am, 10am, 11:45am
Parking Lot 1:00pm
Sunday Evening 5:00pm
See parish email for sign up information.
7:00am & Noon
No signup required for daily Masses.
St. Martha & St. Monica Rooms
Or By Appointment
Call Parish Office
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent Homilies & Mass Recordings
Click player menu for more videos ↓
We hope that you will join us online or in person for Mass! Our parish community looks forward to meeting you!
Find out more about Church of the Ascension or how to become a member by clicking a link below!
General Parish Information
How do I join the Parish?