- N-119th St & Pflumm Rd, east on 119th St. to Blue Valley Pkwy
- E-119th St & Blue Valley Pkwy, south on Blue Valley Pkwy to US 69 Hwy, south on US 69 Hwy to 167th St.
- S- US 69 Hwy and 167th St, west on 167th St to Quivira
- W-167th St and Quivira, north on Quivira to 135th St., west on 135th St to Pflumm, north on Pflumm Rd to 119th St.
Church of the Ascension exists to:
Proclaim the Gospel, Worship wholeheartedly, Serve generously and Love like Jesus.
Church of the Ascension is striving to:
Live our Catholic Faith with a joy that inspires others, a patience that fosters relationships, and a charity that transforms hearts.
As parishioners of the Church of the Ascension we embrace the following values:
- Honesty: that shares the fullness of the Gospel, is transparent and humbly acknowledges our strengths and our weaknesses.
- Hospitality: that joyfully meets people where they are and invites them to join us in seeking more.
- Compassion: that ministers from our hearts, and hears the longings and pains of others.
- Generosity: that recognizes blessings and sacrificially shares our time, talent, as well as our treasure.
- Intentionality: in learning more, going to the margins and witnessing in Jesus’ name.
What We Believe
We believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.
We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
We believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. We confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Click Here for a brochure on the history of our parish and information about our art on campus.