Calendar Sacraments Summer Family Formation Volunteer
Children are a gift and a joy from God. We at Church of the Ascension believe that your children’s faith formation is a continuing journey. It is one that begins in the home and is reinforced by the programs we offer. Our main objective is not only to transmit the basic teachings of the Catholic Faith but to form them into the faith so that they not only learn about Jesus but come to know Jesus through encounters with Him.
We are honored to have you a part of our program and look forward to partnering with you and your child(ren) as they grow closer to Jesus Christ and His Church.
To help students grow in their love of Christ who is Lord, Savior and Friend.
Through our Baptism Christ has called us to be a disciple and follow Him as He has revealed Himself through the Sacred Scriptures and Apostolic Tradition.
Parents are the primary educators (formators) of their child’s spiritual, social, emotional and physical development. This duty is irreplaceable. Therefore, our program seeks to collaborate with parents in this vital endeavor to pass on the Catholic Faith and all its riches to the next generation. Through our Youth Faith Formation Program parents can foster the spiritual development of their child:
- By living the faith in word and deed at home and everywhere they go.
- By bringing their child(ren) to Faith Formation every year (not just 1st, 2nd and 7th and 8th).
- By weekly attendance at Mass on Sundays and all holy days of obligation.
- By responding in obedience to the doctrines and teachings of the Church, our Holy Father, and our Bishops in these matters.
- By taking an active interest in what is being covered in their child(ren)’s class.
- By teaching their children to pray and hear God’s voice in their lives.
- To draw parents into a deeper encounter with the person of Jesus Christ. Parents can only hand on the faith when they themselves has committed to making Jesus Christ the center of their lives.
- To assist parents in helping students understand the beauty of the Catholic Faith.
- To enable each individual to nourish his/her own personal relationship with God through prayer, study, Scripture and frequent participation in the Sacraments of Eucharist and Reconciliation.
- To help parents and students recognize the Eucharistic liturgy as the source, expression and celebration of who we are as Catholic Christians.
- To encourage students to grow toward full and active participation in the life and mission of the Church.
- To help each person develop a desire to actively live their faith and be involved in the life and mission of the Church as they make the Kingdom of God present here and now in the world.
We offer programs for children from Pre-School through 12th Grade.
Weekly YFF, K – 12 Grade: Wednesday From 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (Parents attend on the 1st Wednesday of the month)
Family Formation, K-6th Grade: 1st Tuesday of each month from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (followed by 3 Home Lessons).
Year I Confirmation (traditionally 7th Grade) Wednesdays from 6:00PM to 7:30PM.
Year II Confirmation – We will primarily be meeting in small groups. Contact the YFF office for more information.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word during the 8:15am and the 10:00am Masses.
Special Needs Students Needing Sacraments – please call the YFF Office for more details.
Vacation Bible School (always the first full week of June) Registration begins April 1st
YFF Office: 913-681-7683
William O’Leary ‚Pastoral Associate For Youth Faith Formation: email@example.com
Tricia Baldwin‚ Administrative Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org