705 Virginia Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64106
Hunger goes on all year! We prepare and serve breakfast to the homeless at Hope Faith Ministries on the last Saturday of every month. Help is needed with providing food, paper goods, and with serving. Families are Welcome (and encouraged!) but servers working in the kitchen need to be over 12 years of age. Some guidelines on volunteers:
- They only allow capri pants and regular pants to be worn when Volunteering. Gentlemen may still wear shorts as long as they are appropriate lengths.
- Due to the fact that we serve individuals of all walks of life including felons and sex offenders, no one under the age of 18 should exchange social media information with our guests or interns. It is for your safety well as those being helped to get on their feet refrain from exchanging personal information, including being friends on social media with those under age.
Last Saturday of each Month. Meet at the St John Room doors of Ascension at 7:35am and carpool to Hope Faith. Serving starts at 8:30am, and we return around 10:30a.m.
Contact Patty Billinger email@example.com 913-681-3348 x131 or Ed Herman firstname.lastname@example.org.
sign up to help serve, cook or bring items
Directions from Ascension to Hope Faith Ministries
Breakfast Casserole Recipe
9 x 13 baking pan (serves 12)
- 2 pounds pork sausage (loose)
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray bottom and sides of 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread hash brown potatoes evenly on bottom of baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs, green onions, and milk. Pour egg mixture over hash brown potatoes.
- Spread sausage evenly over potato/egg mixture. Sprinkle potato/egg/sausage mixture with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.