The Parish Pastoral Council will be electing new members this year. If you are interested in being considered for nomination to the Council, please fill out the form below. Those who submit their names will be reviewed by Fr. Gary who will then choose, based on the applications, a slate of nominees. Applications will be open until April and elections will take place in May.
Purpose of the Council:
The purpose of the Pastoral Council is to serve as a consultative body to the pastor, to assist him in fostering pastoral activities and provide for continued growth of the parish.
Areas of Pastoral Focus:
(as referenced in canons 528-529 of the Code of Canon Law):
- Liturgical formation of parishioners and fostering participation in the liturgical life of the parish
- Education of children and adults in matters of faith
- Fostering and nurturing of a sense of “community” in the parish
- Evangelization of the unchurched and non-participating Catholics
- Establishing a hospitable and inviting culture of welcome
- Witnessing to Catholic social doctrine by engaging in acts of service
- Engaging in ongoing pastoral planning for the parish in harmony with regional and archdiocesan plans and initiatives
- Fostering ecumenical dialogue
- Promoting effective communication and cooperation within the parish community
- Making recommendations to the pastor and Finance Council concerning funding of parish programs