You don’t have to be a theologian or philosopher to accompany a student on their journey closer to Christ, you just have to be willing to walk alongside them.
We need your help to create a vibrant Core Team family right here at Ascension.
We all need lighthouses to guide our way through the storms of life. Where do we go when life gets tough or messy? The people we trust, the people we can count on.
Core Team is all about building intentional relationships with teens so that they have another person to look to who can help them stay grounded in Jesus and navigate the storms of life. You are the answer to a teen’s prayer.
What We Ask
Core Team Basics
- Active, daily prayer life
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Full communion with the Catholic Church
- Servant’s heart and humble
- Committed to growing in the Faith
- Communicating with youth leaders
- Present for RISE each Sunday night from 6-8pm
- Present for 5:30pm team prayer and rundown each week
- Completely ‘other-focused’ during youth events
- Open to deep conversation with teens
- Present for quarterly mandatory fun (Core Team trainings)
- Engage in relationship with other Core Team Members
- All expenses paid trip to the Catholic Youth Ministry Convention in Phoenix, AZ each June (travel, lodging, food, etc.)
- Free Ascension Youth Core Team and ministry specific apparel
- All parents who are Core Team Members will receive discounted teen registrations for retreats, summer trips, and apparel.
Youth Ministry Core Team Interest Form Official
"*" indicates required fields