An April 2019 ruling by the Kansas Supreme Court cleared the way for unrestricted abortion. Catholics must take action to Reverse the Ruling and protect mothers and their preborn children.
What did the Kansas Court Do?
When reviewing the bipartisan restrictions on the horrific practice of dismemberment abortion, the Kansas Supreme Court “discovered” a “right” to nearly unregulated abortion in our 1859 State Constitution. Such a decision endangers previously enacted protections for mothers and their preborn children.
You Can Act Now
- Pray to Our Lady of Guadalupe – Patroness of the Preborn
- Sign the petition below or visit kansascatholic.org for more information.
- Contact your State Senator and State Representative: Tell them to support the Kansas Life Amendment
- Senator Jim Denning, District 8
- Representative David Benson, District 48
- Representative Chris Croft, District 8
- Representative Cindy Holscher, District 16
- Representative Jan Kessinger, District 20
- Representative Brett Parker, District 29
- Representative Kellie Warren, District 28
- Look up your representative at openstates.org or KS Bar Association.
What Will The Constitutional Amendment Do?
The amendment reverses the court’s highly controversial ruling by clearly stating that there is no right to unrestricted abortion in Kansas. It will ensure that Kansans, through their elected officials, may continue to enact common sense life-saving limitations on the abortion industry such as: prohibiting late-term and taxpayer funded abortions, requiring parental consent for minors seeking an abortion, protecting women by requiring accepted medical safety standards at clinics, providing women information on health risks and the baby’s development, and requiring a 24 hour waiting period.