This coming week we will welcome many of you back to our church home for Mass and Eucharistic Prayer. I am sure so many have been looking forward to this. Beginning Wednesday (May 13) we will have our regular weekday Masses at 7:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. noon. The church will be open for personal prayer and Eucharistic prayer with Christ present in the tabernacle from 12:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. each weekday.
This coming weekend (May 16 – 17) we will resume our regular Mass schedule (Saturday 4:30 p.m. and Sunday 8:15 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 11:45 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.). For the weekend Masses you will need to sign-up on-line in order to attend. However, I am really concerned about a few things as we reopen our church. Please read through the entire list below before attending a weekday Mass, personal prayer time or signing up for a weekend Mass.
— Fr. Tom
- The Archbishop’s dispensation from Sunday obligation continues, so no one is expected or required to come to Mass. In fact, many should NOT attend especially those who are experiencing any fever, respiratory issues or other virus symptoms, those who are in the vulnerable group because of age or health issues, and those who are anxious about gathering in large groups. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND. We will continue to live stream a weekend and daily Mass each day.
- Because of safe distancing our seating capacity is greatly reduced. It will be necessary for you to sign up for the weekend Mass you plan to attend. You will be emailed a receipt of which you can print out or have pulled up on your phone to show the ushers as you enter the gathering area. If you do not have internet capability, you can call the parish office at 913-681-3348 and we will check availability and sign you up if space permits.
- One of our greatest concerns is that because of our distancing requirements some people may not be able to attend a particular Mass even if they have signed up. Please know that we will do everything possible to accommodate as many as possible. For that reason, we ask you to please be sure to sign up and follow the instructions of the ushers. Everyone is being asked by the Archdiocese to attend the parish they are registered in.
- It is very important that physical distancing (six feet) be maintained especially in the pews between families and when in line to receive Holy Communion. There will be markings on the floor of the aisles to help people recognize where to stand to be six feet away from the person in front of you.
- Please wear a mask throughout the whole Mass. This is for the safety of others as well as yourself. See the video above regarding receiving Holy Communion with a mask.
- When you come to church for Mass or personal prayer time please bring a large towel, sheet or throw to cover the pew in front of you. The church has been sanitized, but extra precaution is necessary for you and for those who come after you. Take it home and wash and bring it back the next time.
- Enter and exit only through the front doors of the gathering area and church. All doors should be open so there will be no need to touch handles.
- After Mass please visit in the parking lot, not in the church or gathering area.
- Our gathering area restrooms are closed for remodel. If you are in need of using the restroom you will need to use the parish hall restrooms downstairs.
- In addition to our regular Mass schedule we will have a parking lot Mass each Sunday afternoon at 1:30 p.m. for those who wish to attend, but do not feel comfortable coming into the church building. This is being done on a trial basis for parishioners who find it a benefit. Currently, reception of Holy Communion will not be possible at the parking lot Mass.
- This is a time of trial and error for us so we may have to make adjustments and will email you with any changes.
Links to sign up for Mass are being sent via email. If you aren’t receiving our parish emails, please Contact Maggie Wright to be added to the list! email@example.com