Front Desk Training:
Shalom Meal Ministry:
If you or someone you know would be interested in helping prepare a meal for the men of Shalom House, Catholic Charities’ men’s shelter, please let me know. We are setting up some one-time dates in 2018 for volunteers and staff to cook/serve together.
New TurnStyles Thrift Store: 11310 W.135th St.
Overland Park, KS 66221
(Olathe TurnStyles volunteers have their own preview dates too. Look for information from Zoran and Linda on those dates)
The following is a list of agency-wide volunteer opportunities in the metro area that are new, timely or harder to fill. Let me know if you or someone you know has an interest. Please reach out to me for additional information.
- We are seeking volunteers to provide meals for participants in a new pilot program in KC, KS. Meal frequency can be one-time or monthly.
- Volunteers needed to help our development team in Overland Park with data entry and envelope stuffing. Envelope stuffing needed on Fridays; flexible morning or afternoon hours available for data entry during business hours.
- We are seeking volunteers to help run tours and manage groups who sort food donations at our food distribution warehouse in KC, KS.
- We have the following volunteer needs in our Refugee Program in KC, KS: English tutors and teachers, drivers, tutors during Citizenship Education Classes.
Catholic Charities Web site 913 433-2100
Corporal Works of Mercy:
- To feed the hungry;
- To give drink to the thirsty;
- To clothe the naked;
- To shelter the homeless;
LOTS of areas available, from answering the phone to sorting clothes, to making phone calls, to stocking food, to driving and pick up of items, to being a cashier, to handing out food, to hanging up clothes… You name it, you tell them what they want, they’ll find a place for you!!
Director of Volunteers
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
9720 West 87th Street | Overland Park, KS 66212
updated volunteer opportunities: http://www.catholiccharitiesks.org/pages/lend-a-helping-hand.