All of below: Contact Michelle Carlstedt (913.433.2080 or email@example.com)
Turkey Distribution: Additional volunteers are needed to hand out turkeys during the week of Thanksgiving at Hope
Distribution Center in KC, KS, the Overland Park Emergency Assistance Center and the Leavenworth Emergency Assistance Center. For additional information and/or to sign-up to serve,Turkey Handout Help:
Christmas Store: Additional volunteers are needed to help with the Christmas store at 22nd/Central in KC, KS. For additional information and/or to sign-up to help, please visit this link: Christmas Store help:
Front Desk Training:
We will be offering training to front desk volunteers who serve in our metro-area Emergency Assistance Centers and HDC on our new client system called CaseWorthy during the weeks of January 15th and 22nd. One half-day session is suggested. Look for an email with specifics soon.
Shalom Meal Ministry:
If you or someone you know would be interested in helping prepare a meal for the men of Shalom House, Catholic Charities’ men’s shelter, please let me know. We are setting up some one-time dates in 2018 for volunteers and staff to cook/serve together.
New TurnStyles Thrift Store:
We will be opening a new TurnStyles Thrift Store at 135th/Nieman in Overland Park.
We will tentatively be open to accept donations the last couple of weeks of December and then will be open for business beginning in early March 2018 (date TBD).
We are hosting two open houses for new volunteers. Please help us spread the word!
Here are details:
Friday, November 17, 2017 and Friday, January 26, 2018
11 am to 1 pm
At the new TurnStyles Thrift Store
11310 W.135th St.
Overland Park, KS 66221
(Olathe TurnStyles volunteers have their own preview dates too. Look for information from Zoran and Linda on those dates)
The following is a list of agency-wide volunteer opportunities in the metro area that are new, timely or harder to fill. Let me know if you or someone you know has an interest. Please reach out to me for additional information.
- We are seeking volunteers to provide meals for participants in a new pilot program in KC, KS. Meal frequency can be one-time or monthly.
- Volunteers needed to help our development team in Overland Park with data entry and envelope stuffing. Envelope stuffing needed on Fridays; flexible morning or afternoon hours available for data entry during business hours.
- We are seeking volunteers to help run tours and manage groups who sort food donations at our food distribution warehouse in KC, KS.
- We have the following volunteer needs in our Refugee Program in KC, KS: English tutors and teachers, drivers, tutors during Citizenship Education Classes.
Video on Catholic Charities913 433-2100
Corporal Works of Mercy:
- To feed the hungry;
- To give drink to the thirsty;
- To clothe the naked;
- To shelter the homeless;
LOTS of areas available, from answering the phone to sorting clothes, to making phone calls, to stocking food, to driving and pick up of items, to being a cashier, to handing out food, to hanging up clothes… You name it, you tell them what they want, they’ll find a place for you!!
Director of Volunteers
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
9720 West 87th Street | Overland Park, KS 66212
updated volunteer opportunities: http://www.catholiccharitiesks.org/pages/lend-a-helping-hand.