Our sister parish project is with All Saints Parish in KC,KS. Our Mission: To share our faith, service and fellowship through the diversity of our culture. Located at 8th and Vermont Streets in Kansas City, Kansas, All Saints Parish has quite an interesting story to share from it’s one hundred and twenty-year-old history. The parish, originally named St. Joseph, was founded by immigrant families, primarily of Polish descent, who built their homes and lives around the worship, social, and educational opportunities within their church. Over the years, this hard working and dedicated community was able to add a parish rectory, thriving grade school, gathering hall for social activities, and even a bowling alley to their parish complex.
Time, economic, and cultural changes altered the makeup and future of the St. Joseph community and its surrounding ethnic parishes. Eventually St. Benedict, St. Thomas, and St. Cyril & Methodius had to close their doors, and their parishioners were then welcomed into the surviving St. Joseph parish. This combined community was then renamed “All Saints Parish”. A statement from the church centennial celebration book is a testimony to the enduring faith and purpose of our sister parish. “Although the makeup of the community has changed over the years, the goals of the parish are timeless: that is to live according to the laws of God, and in doing so, gain everlasting happiness. Despite the fact that members may be old or young, natural born or immigrant, Polish or Hispanic, rich or poor, these goals are superior to all obstacles that may occasionally block our path.” Ascension parish is humbled and honored to pair with such an inspiring sister parish, and we look forward to sharing our faith, service and fellowship through the diversity of our cultures. Click here for All Saints web site
Thank you for your support of the Tamale Dinner!
How to cook your tamales: Take all your tamales place them standing up in a colander or large steamer in a tall stock pot with a upside down bowl in the stock pot to keep tamales out of the water and steam for 90 minutes (you start counting 90 minutes when you first put it on the stove). Not when it starts boiling. Cook for entire 90 minutes, when they come out they will be soft and will harden as they start to cool. Eat and enjoy!
8:30am to 12:30pm
We offer this to incoming 1st graders, 3rd – 6th Grade. It’s a great program filled with activities, learning, faith experience and field trips. When signing up for this two week intensive program we ask that 1) participants attend each day and if they cannot then to register during the year and 2) that parents and kids attend 2 “in-person” enrichment sessions* and 2 other enrichment activities during the year.
*Until we get enough volunteer catechist and aides for each class if you didn’t attend the enrichment sessions then you’ll be put on a waiting list.
VBS sign-ups are reserved for parishioners for the month of April. Registrations will be open to anyone beginning May 1st.
Youth Faith Formation
Welcome! We are looking forward to a great upcoming year. Our programs help young people to encounter Christ and follow Jesus. We seek to partner with parents by providing young people a formation program where they experience Christ through the sacraments, prayer, devotions, and dynamic instruction which fosters an active and conscious participation in the Christian life.
- K4C on Sunday mornings from 10:00am to 11:00am for Pre-school 3 and 4 year old’s and Kindergarten students.
- Weekly Youth Faith Formation for 1st – 6th Grade every Wednesday from 5:30pm to 6:45pm. (Parent/Child gathering on last Wed. of each month).
- Family Formation (1st Wednesday of the month) from 6:00pm to 7:30pm K-6 Grade (parents come to the parish hall and kids to the classroom).
- Year I Confirmation -7th grade – Sunday evenings from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. We increased the price to provide for food and other supplies.
- Year II Confirmation (S&L) – 8th grade (must be in Year I before you can register for Year II) from 6:30pm to 8:00pm each Sunday evening. We increased the price to provide for food and other supplies.
- A Modified Catechesis of the Good Shepherd format will be offered from 5:30pm to 6:45pm on Wednesdays for 1st and 2nd Grade (2nd grade can choose between the CGS or regular classroom format).
By Registering online you commit to:
~ Bringing your child each time we meet.
~ Allowing us to occasionally post pictures on our website/social media of your child (no names will ever be mentioned).