Fearless and Free is a Bible study based on the book of Ephesians. So many of us are wrestling through the reality that life isn’t easy, even when we are doing the right thing. Suffering can slam into us from left field, leaving us reeling. This study provides a firm foundation to stand on no matter what life throws our way. With an emphasis on healing and wholeness, this is the a personal and transformative study.
Morning and Evening Offerings:
Morning sessions :
Weds. 9:30-10:30 am
March 6, 20, 27, April 3, 10, 17
St. Matthew/St. Mark room
March 5, 19, 26, April 2, 9, 16
This is what we’ll discover through the pages of this study:
We need to WAKEN to the reality of who we are in Christ, and that we have an enemy who seeks to steal our true identity.
We need to WRESTLE with the battle in our minds– bringing our thoughts in captivity to Christ.
We need to be strengthened as WARRIORS so that we can move forward in life– not just surviving, but flourishing.
Readers will experience being grounded in truth while wrapped in the embrace of the One who loves us all completely and without end.
Registration Deadline: Feb. 27. Contact Mary Connor 913-579-3287 with questions.
We will be utilizing, Opening the Word, Lent through Easter, Year C. This is a FORMED LENTEN STUDY. This program offers prayer and insights for the Sunday Readings. Featuring a variety of experienced presenters including Dr. Tim Gray, Jules Miles, Dr. Scott and Annie Powell, Dr. Edward Sri, and Dr. Ben Akers, the videos are designed to facilitate thought and discussion for personal faith formation or in the context of a group meeting.
Groups will meet in the mornings or evenings either at Ascension or at the home of an Ascension Parishioner.
Childcare Information: free childcare is available for children 1 year and older. Please use the childcare form button below to notify us of your needs.
Sign up by February 19, 2019. Groups start week of February 24, 2019 or February March 3, 2019.
If you would like assistance in signing up, please call Denise Greene at: 913-681-3348 x142
Mondays from 1-4 or Tuesdays – Fridays from 9:00AM-12:00PM or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Please contact: Liz Willman, Director of Adult Faith at: 913-681-3348 x139 or email@example.com
There is no cost for materials. You just need to be a member of FORMED.
1. Go to kcascension.formed.org
2. Click “Register” and enter your name, email, and password.
3. If it asks for a parish code put: H3XN6C
4. You are all ready to access FORMED!
Once logged into FORMED, go to Study, then click on Opening the Word, Lent through Easter, Year C.
You will need to go to each week and download and print the participant journal.
You can also download the FORMED App.
To register for the Woman of Ascension Lenten Book Study Fearless and Free click here.
Advent isn’t just about celebrating Jesus’s Birthday and his coming 2,000 years ago but it’s also about him coming again to judge the living and the dead. It’s a time to help us spiritually prepare for that. It’s never too early with your kids to focus on this. Also, Advent is about living in the presence of Jesus in the present moment.
Here is a really good video explaining “What are we preparing for – The 3 Comings of Christ”
1) I’ve attached this Family Advent Prayer Packet that you could do at dinner (or before bed) with the Advent Wreath. Check it out here.
3) Don’t forget to Celebrate the Feast of St. Nicholas on December 6th.
2) Various Advent Ideas from the following websites: Websites with ideas
- Another great book –The Light of Christmas (One of my favorites)
- One more great book –Martha and the Manger Straw (another one of my favorite storybooks during the Advent Season).
4) Advent Sacrifices – http://www.holyheroes.net/aa/Advent_Adventure_Sacrifice_List.pdf
5) The St. Andrew Novena that is prayed from November 30th – December 24th. My Kids love praying this Novena!
6) Sign-up for the Advent Reflections that send one for both kids & adults – sign-up here
Mr. O’Leary is the Director of Youth Faith Formation at Church of the Ascension. You can read more from him at relevantcatechesis.com.
Mark your calendar for Mardi Gras Give Back Day…
Friday, January 4, 2019
5:30pm to 7:30pm
The Kendra Scott and Lilly Pulitzer stores are teaming up to provide a
Friday evening Happy Hour while giving back a percentage of their sales that evening to ASCENSION! All you do is mention ASCENSION when entering either store! It is that easy!
Make it a “Girls Night” and go shopping with your best friend!
It’s a great night to shop for that special look for Valentine’s Day and
Mardi Gras Dinner & Auction!
Visit these stores at the following locations!
4533 W. 119th St.
(Giving Back 20%)
4823 W. 119th St.
(Giving Back 10% with “Sips ‘n Sweets” being served)
Enjoy a free subscription to formed.org an incredible online gateway to the best Catholic content, all in one place!
With FORMED, you can:
- Prepare for Sunday Mass by watching an insightful five-minute video by renowned Catholic teachers
- Enjoy a movie with your family that is both nourishing and entertaining
- Enrich your marriage with the award winning video series Beloved: Finding Happiness in Marriage
- Help your children grow in character and embrace the beauty and wonder of the Faith
FORMED provides amazing content 24/7 for you to grow in your faith. It is FREE and EASY to Register!
- Go to kcascension.formed.org
- Click “Register” and enter your name, email address, and desired password
- You are all ready to access the inspiring and engaging content on FORMED!
Please find resources below regarding recent abuse findings in The Church:
The Archdiocese remains committed to investigating any allegation of abuse of a minor made against any member of the clergy or any church employee or volunteer — no matter the age of the incident or the current age of the victim. Individuals are encouraged to call the confidential report line at (913) 647-3051 (or visit archkck.org/reportabuse) to make a report to Jan Saylor, archdiocesan report investigator, and to call law enforcement directly. If a child or vulnerable adult is in immediate danger, call 911.
Let the Children Come to Me
8:15am Mass – Children’s Liturgy of the Word
- What: Kids go to their own space during Mass to hear and talk about the Scripture readings
- Who: Ages 4-8 year olds
- Volunteer leaders still needed
10:00am Mass – K4C:
- What: Drop your kids off while parents go to Mass
- Who: Pre-School 3 and 4’s and Kindergarten
- Volunteers still needed
Contact the Youth Faith Formation Office for more information 913-681-7683.
Note: The Children’s Liturgy of the Word program has no charge but it would be helpful to have an idea of how many intend to participate.
Free childcare is available for children 1 year and older. Please complete the form below and indicate which session time you will be needing care. Remember to checkout to complete the registration for your sessions.