- What it means and 15 Popular Traditions
- Five Ideas Here
- Advent Calendar for Adults – something for each day
1) I’ve attached this Family Advent Prayer Packet that you could do at dinner (or before bed) with the Advent Wreath. Check it out here. If you want to pick up a copy in our office I have one for anyone who would like one.
2) Various Advent Ideas from the following websites: Websites with ideas
- Another great book –The Light of Christmas (One of my favorites)
- One more great book –Martha and the Manger Straw(another one of my favorite storybooks during the Advent Season).
4) Decorate Differently This Year… I know many like to put the Christmas Tree up beginning at Thanksgiving. How about a new tradition…. Put the tree up but decorate it gradually in the spirit of Advent. Put things on it one week at a time. For example, the first week, just put the lights on it. The second week of Advent, put the ornaments on the tree. During the beginning of the Third week of Advent put the tenzle around the tree and on the Fourth Sunday of Advent put the Star on the top of your tree. That way is a gradual preparation for Christmas. It’s a way to illustrate preparing in stages for Christmas. And then, don’t take your tree down until the end of the Christmas Season (this year the last day of the Christmas Season is Monday January 9th – the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord (the day before is the Feast of the Epiphany where the three Magi come to worship the baby Jesus).